Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Inskip to Emerald

At Inskip we collected some colored sands and went to feed the dolphins. We camped on the beach for 3 weeks and boogey boarded alot because the waves were big. Dad showed us how to skim with our boards in very shallow water not even up to my ankle. He tied a rope to the boogy board and pulled us along in shallow water. I was standing up, Lucy was on her tummy and Emily was on her knees.

When mum came back from Papua New Guinea we went on the ferry over to Fraser Island. We saw some dingoes. They had been going around the tent, one got really close. We boogy boarded there too but it was stormy weather. Dad caught a stingray and some whiting that I had for dinner. It was hard to get the sting ray off the line because it kept on trying to whack dad, but we eventually got it off and let it go. We went four wheel driving to a lake called Lake MacKenzie. It was pristine blue water. I was standin on my boogey board like I was surfing in the deep.

We went bike riding in Hervey bay we went bike riding and cleaned all the sand out of the camper trailer. We got invaded by ants. Dad got us a new computer game and its really fun. Its called 101 Brainy games.

When we went to Emerald we fed the wild parrots and got some sapphires. We went kyaking in the lake and got some red claw which dad ate.

Bye for now
Grace

Fishing with dad at InSkip point

Relaxing at Inskip on my boogey board

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Grace, you've been a very busy girl... so have your sisters :) It all sounds very exciting .. wish I could have been there too !!! Were the saphires big ones or little ones, are you keeping them to bring home ? Only 3 weeks till I go on my UK/Europe trip so then I will be telling you about MY adventures ;)Be good, enjoy Airlie Beach,
Love Nanna Chris xxx